Real Estate Sellers Links
Choosing an Agent
Free In Home Presentation
Marketing your Home
Getting an Offer
Consumer Information Statement
Search For LBI Homes - MLS
Search Summer Rentals
Long Beach Island NJ Real Estate - Getting an Offer
Working as your Real Estate Agent we will inform you of each offer we receive for your home, and we will go over the terms/contingencies and any recommended changes or counter-offers.
Major elements of an offer include:
- Legal Names of both Buyers and Sellers
- Legal Description of the property
- Price-the amount the buyer is willing to pay - the price offered may be different from your asking price.
- Amount of Deposit-The deposit shows the buyer's good faith and will be applied against the purchase of the home when the sale closes.
- List of Terms and Conditions- which might include items such as obtaining financing, obtaining a satisfactory building inspection, clean title or subject to selling an existing property.
- List of Fixtures that are included and excluded. These might include appliances and certain fixtures or decorative items, such as window coverings or mirrors, or appliances such as fridge, stove, etc.
- Closing/Occupancy date- This is generally the day the title of the property is legally transferred and the transaction of funds finalized unless otherwise specified
The offer will be written on a standard contract form. Often the initial offer is not accepted by the Seller. You may choose to make a counter offer, ranging from small text changes, different closing or contingency removal dates, to the purchase price. It may take a number of offers between buyer and seller before a final agreement is reached.
When the Buyer and Seller agree on all terms and have signed the contract, the agreement is "bottom-lined."
For a Free In Home Presentation on how I will market your home to sell for as much money in as little time as possible - Call or email me..I am here to help - Michael Walsh - LBI Realty Group